11/4/15

Be Positive

So first of all, I should probably tell something about me so you can see what kind of person is writing here.

I'm from Finland. Yes, that cold cold place where everyone is kind of grumpy and doesn't want to talk about anything else than "How's weather?". So it's pretty hard try to try to get someone on a good mood if she/he doesn't want to talk to you about anything.

You know the thrill where neighbors know "everything" about you, you know "everything" about them just by looking as how they live (via window of course). But, when you ask them directly.. Hah, I know. And this isn't really positive, right?

So I moved to other city couples of years ago along with my fiance. We're talking about a lot of miles between my current living spot and my hometown so I was a bit scared. At that point I still was very positive about getting new friends and getting a new beginning in this new town.. So I started to look for job in this new place and got one. Yeah!

But what did my friends do when I told them? Almost all said "This will never work" "I'll give that a year and then she's back" "Why would anyone be that stupid?" "Well good luck for you trying to survive there..."

Like WHAT? Well needless to say, I wasn't really positive after that. I was actually very depressed to move, as I did not have any friends here and all my hometown friends were like that.

So those couple of years went, I got some friends from here but mostly all of them turned their back on me. You know that moment, when you meet someone and you're both like "oh I hate this city I have no friends let's be friends!" and after a while you realize the reason he/she didn't have friends was because he/she is a moron, and nobody warned you before hands. Yeaaap, and multiply that like thousand times and you have my life story. People even tried to get me and my husband not to get married!

So I was a blanket. That person who always was there to loan money, help out ect.. But just because I  was craving for attention clearly by the wrong way.

So I got really depressed. I stayed only in home. Nothing more. I didn't want to get out of that door. My husbands work obligates him to be a lot away from home, so instead of going to market to get some food, I just tried to survive with some leftovers and macaronis from cabinets. Obviously, this isn't a way of life.

Well couple of years went like that and then this sense came back to my head. I need to do something.
Remember earlier as I told my long term friend called me?
He lives in my home town. Well as I had that thinking stick to my head, that I don't need anyone from my before life, it isn't too hard to realize why I didn't want to work with him or why didn't I believe in myself.



But this is true, he was mine - ours - turning point.

Well I didn't start to work with him - yet - but my husband did. And as they started to do business and I stood by my husband (of course) I realized how sad this person felt. This person who I love with all my heart, with my own depression I didn't realize he's so deep in it.

So the turning point? Yes, positive people. But also, I wanted to help my husband. I wanted him to success on what ever he's going to do. And if I'm negative, he will be negative, and it won't work.

So, lesson today;

BE POSITIVE, SO POSITIVE THINGS CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you read? Please hit me with a comment!