11/17/15

How to motivate yourself to work

We all know that feeling on Monday morning when
  • last nights staying up was REALLY bad idea..
  • and I totally should have not watch that horror movie..
  • why that alarm clock sounds so loud?
  • why didn't I look up for those clothes early enough?
ect. I could do this list as long as I would want to but that's not the point here. Everyone of us has those mornings when everything just feels bad, and going to work is really frustrating.

First of all, you should prevent that with couple of things.

  1. Load your coffee machine before hand (last night) to win some time in the morning and to get some more time to wake up without doing anything (and this one really gives me a good mood when I don't remember that yes I really did load that coffee machine!)
  2. Make sure that those clothes your suppose to wear are clean, ironed and fresh so you don't have to waist time in the morning to try to find clean clothes.
  3. If you're like me and "don't have time" to eat breakfast in the morning (or you get sick of eating in the morning), slice some orange to your fridge last night. It's fresh and good, and you don't have to do anything than just eat in the morning.

With these simple things done, your morning will already be better.
But what if I still have a bad morning? 

It's ok. It's normal to have bad days. This is what I do at those days.

  • As I've told before, be thankful. So, when you wake up a little cranky, think about at least 5 things you are thankful for.
  • Smile. Stand before mirror and just smile. Sounds stupid, but it works. Trust me.
  • When you get yourself smiling, say "I can do it!". Say it out loud. REALLY LOUD. Yell it! YES! YOU. CAN. DO. IT.
  •  Listen to good mood music, at least on your way to work. Sing along. LOUDLY. ;)
  •  Think about those reasons why you do what you do. Why you love your job? What does it give to you? (if it really doesn't give to you anything, I recommend to change your job but DON'T do it as a random act, think about it all the way trough and have a backup plan.)
 Is there a hard project in your work? THERE IS A REASON, WHY THEY GAVE IT TO YOU. They trust you to handle it. They think that you have the knowledge to do it. They KNOW you can do it, so do it!



Like what you read? Please be kind and subscribe my blog, and if you would like to be the first one to know about new texts, click yourself to my email list. :)

3 comments:

  1. This is a great article. I like the tip of giving a little extra time in the morning by having the coffee pot ready to go. I try to remember to fill mine AND program it so it's ready for me. Just the smell of coffee in the morning makes me more willing to get up and start my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I really hope it it helps you as much as it has helped me. Nothing beats fresh coffee smell!

      Delete
  2. Great blog post. If you are like I am, my attitude for the day is set long before I get to the office. I found good reminders plus some great new ideas here.

    ReplyDelete

Like what you read? Please hit me with a comment!