11/9/15

How to get a positive morning routine

So, I live in Finland. Most of you guys probably know how is winter time in here (if you don't know, Google it).

It's so dark, cold and windy. And if fall is longer than normal (like this year) we don't even get snow to brighten our day. And that's the reason it's easy to get depressed, get some sick days from work and cry your eyes out aaaaaaaand the circle is done.

This in mind I have improved my daily routines to next level.

 Couple of these thing I have written earlier, but as I usually say, repetition is the mother of learning.

 First of all at the morning when I wake up I smile and tell to myself "This is going to be a great day!" . If I wake up before alarm, I think "Wow I got this much time more to do my morning routines" or if I oversleep a little I think "Well at least I got some sleep so I don't feel so tired."

Then when I have my first cup of coffee in my hands, I think of 5 things which I can be thankful for. It doesn't matter if you don't get five at first time (because you're probably a little unmotivated at the moment) but it's pretty great feeling when you realize that you can think of MORE than five! And that's progress let me tell you that! :)

And after some time (could be months, it depends on what's your starting point) you don't even have to think about thinking those things because you do it subconscious every morning.

You should start with this and when this starts to feel normal to you, you can start doing some other exercises too (which I will tell you later).

Because if you start your day positive, it usually will be positive till next morning.

So, starting from tomorrow. First thing in the morning, think positive, and be thankful for 5 things in your life.

4 comments:

  1. And this works for me: wake up 15 mins sooner and your morning won`t be a mess :) Lovely post by the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's true; wake a bit earlier. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I wish I could teach in Finland because I have heard such wonderful things about the schools over there. You can add that to your list of things to be grateful for:) It must be hard to get motivated in the dark winters, but you seem to have a really positive outlook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful to hear. And that's true, our schoolsystem is pretty great! Thank you. :)

      Delete

Like what you read? Please hit me with a comment!